[CentOS-devel] Update wiki theme artworks

Alain Reguera Delgado

alain.reguera at gmail.com
Fri May 24 04:52:44 UTC 2013

Hi guys,

It has been a long time since the last time we talked about CentOS
artworks. So, it is time to throw some woods into the fire :).

We have some theme updates for our wiki in the following location:

https://projects.centos.org/svn/artwork/trunk/Identity/Webenv/Themes/Default/Moin/1.5.9/

I'm wondering if it would be possible for someone to install this
updates in a public test server where the community can test it and
report their impressions. The relevant changes in this commit are:

- Update brand information. The brand information used in the wiki was
modified to fit the colors used by the CentOS symbols inside the
CentOS distribution. There are small color differences between them
and that is something we need to avoid. It is very important that
brand information be exactly the same in all visual manifestations.
The brand I present now for the wiki is a combination of "The CentOS
Logo" followed by a "semitransparent-dotted horizontal bar" and the
word "Wiki" next to it. This proportion seems to be well balanced and
I would propose it for using in the CentOS websites. Inside this brand
information, "The CentOS Logo" and the "semitransparent-dotted
horizontal bar" do not change. The "Wiki" word can change to reflect
other areas (e.g., Projects, People, Bugs, Blog, etc.).

- Update admonitions visual style. The admonition visual style used in
the wiki was modified based on DocBook XHTML output. Icons were also
updated so the whole artwork result being more attractive and
consistent.

- The style related to tabs was revised and improved. Now tabs both
upside and downside the page have rounded corners when you use firefox
as web browser.

- The trail of pages was moved from heading to page content. This way,
heading will always have the same height, no matter if page trails are
active or not.

- No banner for external promotions visible.

- Update heading background. Now it is an array of small blue circles.
This background is the same we use in DocBook documentation.

- Update content of RecentChanges page. Use admonitions in the hint
section, remove left margin from tables, and remove extra space on
images and icons shown inside recent changes tables. To show such
changes, we add RecentChanges.png and RecentChanges.txt files. If you
want your RecentChanges page to look like this, you need to edit the
one you have on your wiki and replace its content with that in
RecentChanges.txt instead.

Best Regards,
--
Alain Reguera Delgado <alain.reguera at gmail.com>