[CentOS-devel] Getting there faster

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Sat Nov 9 21:48:48 UTC 2013

On 11/09/2013 12:47 AM, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
> Just make sure that the top level directory is not accessible for
> reading and the privacy is ensured. And yes, I think that pushing the
> content of the /cr/ directory while we still test|fix the isos is a
> great idea, it halfs the content that needs to be transferred "just
> before" actual release

the cr/ to os/ and previous os/ + updates/ hardlinking into the new os/
release tree solves that problem ( I think ) - but it does not help for
isos/ - other repos like plus and extras are mostly just moved along.

and we cant really rely on the 700 mode on mirror-root/ since lots of
mirrors dont run in a way that makes it usable ( I guess quite a few do,
but not all ). Maybe the trick here is to seed up msync well in advance
to once QA says GO, its a matter of opening up rsync from say 30 odd
machines to the public mirrors.

regards

--
Karanbir Singh