[CentOS-devel] Getting there faster

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Sat Nov 9 21:50:56 UTC 2013

On 11/08/2013 10:51 PM, Bryan Seitz wrote:
> I think you will need some beefy initial distribution boxes to make it worth your while.  What
> is the overall architecture / speed of each device in #1 ?

Its pretty variable. We've got a few 100mbps box's - a few gigabit
machines - and a bunch in the middle. Also, lots of geo-holes : eg. we
dont have a .centos.org machine that is within 3 to 5 hops of anything
in Africa.

Add to that we have a pretty constant and consistent Chaos Monkey
situation going on in the network with random machines doing random
things at random points and .centos.org needing to run inspite of that.

Karanbir Singh