[CentOS-devel] Getting there faster

Anssi Johansson

centos at miuku.net
Sat Nov 9 01:07:36 UTC 2013

One more thing -- if the bandwidth of the msync servers is the
bottleneck, we could reduce their bandwidth requirements by serving the
CR packages from public mirrors instead of mirror.centos.org. Most of
the mirror.centos.org machines are also in the msync.centos.org
rotation, thus they share the same bandwidth. I don't have statistics of
the bandwidth consumed by CR. Someone who has access to such stats could
see if this change would be worth implementing or not.