[CentOS-devel] Storage SIG Moving Forward

Patrick McGarry patrick at inktank.com
Fri Apr 4 20:35:21 UTC 2014

Yes, I think we'll definitely look into having a periodic IRC meeting
as things gain momentum so that we can include a wider swath of the
population.  For the first couple I wanted the conversation to flow
quickly so we could just hash things out and get the basic stuff in
place.

For those who still would like to follow along at home I tried to keep
a napkin sketch of what was discussed and have it posted on the CentOS
wiki:

http://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/Storage/Minutes

If others are interested in becoming more actively involved in the
Storage SIG please let me know and I can find the best fit (there is
plenty to do!).  Mostly I'd love to have experienced package
maintainers who would either help newbie RPM builders (like me) get up
to speed, or just help establish a procedure that can be largely
automated.

We're shooting for a solid CentOS build and installable storage
packaging to be established and usable by the end of April.  Anyone
who wants to help us get there, drop me a line!  Thanks.

Best Regards,

Patrick McGarry
Director, Community || Inktank
http://ceph.com  ||  http://inktank.com