[CentOS-devel] Storage SIG Infrastructure Discussion

Patrick McGarry patrick at inktank.com
Thu Apr 10 14:18:00 UTC 2014

Hey all,

Just wanted to keep people up on the latest discussions surrounding
how we are planning to do the first pass of the Storage SIG repo
setup.  This is obviously still a pretty rough sketch as the CentOS
infrastructure evolves to handle this use case, so if people have
strong feelings please weigh in!

Our current plan is to start with a development repository for the
Storage SIG where we can initially import our packages.  Once they are
deemed "production" (still working on the mechanics of how/when to
graduate) we will push them over to centos-extras.

Centos-extras will be our "production" repository for now and will be
a hard dependency for our devel repo so that when packages move no one
gets orphaned.

The execution of this is to start pushing src rpms to git.centos.org
and github with the expectation that by the end of Apr or early May
there will be a mirror in place between those two locations.  Once the
mirror is set up the hope is to use automatic triggers with Koji to
trigger builds as new bits are pushed to the mirror.

KB is working on docs for:
  1) how to get builds going
  2) how to join/administer the git repositories.
Once those are in place we'll continue to tweak things until we have a
smooth working model.

I welcome any input or thoughts folks might have, especially from
veteran rpm builders.  Thanks!

Best Regards,

Patrick McGarry
Director, Community || Inktank