[CentOS-devel] updating the official Docker image for CentOS

Dusty Mabe dustymabe at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 17:31:03 UTC 2014

On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 6:31 PM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:

> worth noting that this is represented as CentOS-6, dropping the point
> release and replacing it with a date - means we can update it more
> frequently than only at every point release time ( and we set user
> expectation around that ). We can, if there is a need, still push images
> that are in line with a point release snapshot.

Do you think it would be beneficial to have both the point release and
the date? For example:

CentOS-6.5-20140411-x86_64-docker_01.img.tar.bz2

If you start to try to compare behavior within this image to CentOS
6.5 installed on a normal piece of hardware it might be easier if we
can easily look at the image file name and know what point release to
compare it to.

An argument can also be made that this might spark confusion.

Thoughts?

Dusty