[CentOS-devel] ostree as a delivery model

Kay Williams kay at deployproject.org
Tue Apr 22 22:22:11 UTC 2014

We should really move further discussion to the deploy-users list, as it is
a separate project. But briefly, deploy makes it easy both to create the
_big_list_of_packages, and to automate testing, installation, and updates
using it. We keep a repository of physical packages (rather than just a list
of package names/versions/repo_locations) both because it is easier to work
with and because we create some packages automatically as we go. The
differences between repository versions could be optimized for disk space
usage using hardlinks, and this is something we have considered and could
implement relatively easily....