[CentOS-devel] updating the official Docker image for CentOS

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Sat Apr 12 01:22:45 UTC 2014

On 04/11/2014 11:31 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> hi
>
> The Docker folks host an image for CentOS Linux 6 here :
> https://index.docker.io/_/centos/ - looking to upgrade this image, and
> to take ownership of that account ( for the CCIS ) I've built an image,
> which is in line with the existing image they host, but has been updated
> to include content released via mirror.centos.org to today.
>
> http://cloud.centos.org/centos/6/devel/CentOS-6-20140411-x86_64-docker_01.img.tar.bz2
> is the image

updated image :
http://cloud.centos.org/centos/6/devel/CentOS-6-20140412-x86_64-docker_01.img.tar.bz2

that resolves:
- selinux can now be in enforcing mode on the host
- rpm db is now usable out of the box, so things like : "docker run -t
-i <id> yum install ruby" will work without needing a rebuilddb first.

- KB

--
Karanbir Singh