[CentOS-devel] system call msgrcv() freom 32-bit application shows error: msgrcv: No message of desired type

Gabriella Schmidt

gsc at bruker.de
Fri Apr 25 13:10:20 UTC 2014

Matthias Schroeder wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 04/25/2014 01:12 PM, Gabriella Schmidt wrote:
>> The latest RHEL7 still shows the error   msgrcv: No message of desired type
>> if msgrcv() is called with negative arguments within 32-bit applications.
>> It is in Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 1042807 but as we dont have RHN Support
>> anymore we cant take a ticket there.
> Hm, since when do you need RHN Support to open a RH bugzilla? I thought
> all you need was register yourself, and then you can open a bugzilla
> report. Has that changed?
No, I dont't think so, but the last Comment to this bug is:

<mailto:pm-rhel at redhat.com>RHEL Product and Program Management
<mailto:pm-rhel at redhat.com> 2014-03-22 02:22:22 EDT

   This request was not resolved in time for the current release.
    Red Hat invites you to ask your support representative to
    propose this request, if still desired, for consideration in
    the next release of Red Hat Enterprise Linux.

implies to take a support ticket to get it fixed.

--
Kind Regards

     Gabriella Schmidt
     -- NMR Software --