[CentOS-devel] Official Docker Image

Fri Apr 4 22:49:47 UTC 2014
Adam Miller <maxamillion at fedoraproject.org>

Hello all,
    I was recently in #docker-dev on freenode and it was brought up that
they
are currently in search of a maintainer for the official CentOS docker image
for the docker index[0]. I would be happy to do this but I also know that
there is a core team and a Cloud SIG already in place and wanted to bring
this up to the group so I'm not stepping on anyones toes *and* so that I'm
not slinging around an image called "official" without blessing from the
project and community at large.

I'm aware of the docker scripts[1] from the Cloud SIG and would effectively
just like to find a way to have us collaborate on this (I would like to join
which ever group ends up being the owner of this task) and then farm builds
somewhere that can be uploaded by whom ever has the appropriate permissions
to the docker index.

Looking forward to thoughts from the group.

Thanks,
-AdamM

[0] - https://index.docker.io/
[1] - https://github.com/CentOS/sig-cloud-instance-build/tree/master/docker