[CentOS-devel] [CentOS-virt] Virt SIG moving forward

Thu Apr 10 16:07:28 UTC 2014
George Dunlap <dunlapg at umich.edu>

On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 6:45 PM, Lars Kurth <lars.kurth at xen.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just a quick note that I found the CentOS board meeting minutes which
> state that the Virt SIG is moving forward. Consequently I updated
> * http://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/Virtualization
> * http://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/Virtualization/Proposal (&
> http://www.centos.org/minutes/2014/march/centos-devel.2014-03-05-21.04.html)
>
> Apologies for the short notice. We are going to have a first quick
> meeting on Friday the 11th, 11:00AM BST (London time) because many of us
> will be on the road the following weeks and we didn't want to stall
> progress. Please drop me a line if you want to participate on lars dot
> kurth at xenproject dot org. If you cannot make it, don't worry: we will
> set up a proper regular meeting once everyone is back from their travels
> and revisit agenda items as needed. It probably wont be very popular,
> but I'd propose a hangout or teleconf and will write up minutes.
>
> I expect that we will cover
> * Meeting time & cadence
> * Form & Function (confirm who does what based on the current list of
> members)
> * Infrastructure loose ends (repositories, lists, access, etc - enough
> pointers to get started)
> * Establish a draft TODO list
> * Identify potential additions to SIG (KVM, OpenVZ, etc. and whether
> there are any individuals to proactively reach out to)

We might want to discuss relationships to other SIGs -- it's not yet
quite clear to me the boundary between "Virt SIG" and "Cloud SIG",
particularly relating to being a cloud compute node.  (see the
question re opencloudnode, for instance).

 -George