[CentOS-devel] Request for epel-release package in CentOS repo

Thu Apr 24 18:03:04 UTC 2014
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 12:40 PM, Trevor Hemsley
<trevor.hemsley at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> On 24/04/14 17:55, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>> On 04/18/2014 01:26 PM, Martin Jackson wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> With the changes in CentOS, would it be possible now to include the
>>> epel-release package in the main CentOS repositories?  I believe this
>>> would help make the process of setting CentOS up a bit more convenient
>>> and accessible for both new users (who may have an awkward time finding
>>> and installing the epel release package) as well as more veteran
>>> administrators, who could effectively choose to enable epel by default
>>> by including it in kickstarts and so on.
>> CentOS-Extras is enabled by default, why dont we look at dropping
>> epel-release into there ?
>
> That sounds like a brilliant idea.

Brilliant, but hardly new.   I guess the world has changed since the
lengthy thread around:
http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2012-September/008830.html

Funny things happen when different organizations suddenly have the same owner.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com