[CentOS-devel] GCC 4.8 vs -fsanitize

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Mon Aug 4 15:08:11 UTC 2014

I've been anxiously awaiting a system containing GCC 4.8.x so I could
try the new -fsanitize=address and -fsanitize=thread tools on my project.

imagine my dismay when I finally have time to try it on C7 and find that
it rejects the -fsanitize option. It doesn't appear to have been enabled
when the shipped GCC was built. :(

Do I have any choices other than compiling my own GCC ??

Thanks!
    community.
 --Roger Ebert, December, 1996