[CentOS-devel] git.centos.org rpms with centos in it's release

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 03:26:23 UTC 2014

On Sat, Aug 9, 2014 at 7:07 PM, Markus Falb <markus.falb at fasel.at> wrote:
> On 10.8.2014 00:11, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>> On 08/09/2014 07:14 PM, Markus Falb wrote:
>>> So centos-release-7-0.1406.el7.centos.2.4.src.rpm is not in git!
>>
>> https://git.centos.org/blob/rpms!centos-release.git/c3f036cce708b37faa1ab6678ec616e0edf67688/SPECS!centos-release.spec
>>
>> it certainly is.

> Well, it is. show_possible_srpms.sh is broken then, or at least it is
> not doing what I expected. Is it intended that it only shows redhatishe
> commits? Is there an easy way to identify the git commit for a CentOS
> modified src.rpm?

Fortunately, it looks like a fairly harmless discrepancy. But without
that one-to-one mapping between the git log "import" entries, and the
SRPM's built, there is always going to be a question of provenance for
source code.

This is another reason to want git tags tied to the actual SRPM's,
tagged and GPG signed by the procedure that builds SRPM's.  It looks
like the "make a log entry that starts with the word 'import'"
workflow just failed.