[CentOS-devel] adding a infra-type tag to mirrorlist

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Aug 13 12:35:17 UTC 2014

hi,

As we build and produce an increasing number of images that people can
directly consume, eg. AMI's or Vagrant or docker or openstack or
opennebula images etc, I'm keen to add a mirrorlist tag to the url that
allows us to better serve content into those areas.

Specially since not all the images are built with exclusive centos linux
distro content and in some cases, we might need to consider things like
cloud-init and cloud-utils to be essentially base-os content for those
roles.

This would mean the mirrorlist url will change from :
mirrorlist=http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=$releasever&arch=$basearch&repo=os

mirrorlist=http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=$releasever&arch=$basearch&repo=os&i=cloud
or
mirrorlist=http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=$releasever&arch=$basearch&repo=os&i=ami

to indicate the generic cloud image, or the ami's

thoughts ?

--
Karanbir Singh