[CentOS-devel] Request to join CentOS Atomic SIG

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Thu Aug 14 10:07:53 UTC 2014

On 08/13/2014 04:18 PM, Joe Brockmeier wrote:
> On 08/13/2014 03:19 PM, Adam Miller wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>     I know I'm a tad late to the game but I'd like to express my
>> intent to join the CentOS Atomic SIG. I don't know the process here
>> but thought I'd throw it out there that I'd like to join.
>
> Awesome! Would love to have you on board.

Hi Adam ... welcome.

>> I've been working on a number of packaging things out in the Fedora
>> Atomic space as well as some efforts to package/rebuild for CentOS 7
>> (using EPEL7 build targets).
>>
>> So far I have contributed to work that's being done in the following locations:
>>
>> Packaging work, spec files, dependency spec files not yet in Fedora/EPEL, etc:
>>         https://github.com/projectatomic/kubernetes-package
>>
>> Project Atomic COPR builds for kubernetes and related packages:
>>         http://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/walters/atomic-next/
>>
>> RHEL7/CentOS7 (EPEL7) COPR builds for kubernetes and related packages:
>>         http://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/maxamillion/epel7-kubernetes/
>>
>> NOTE: The EPEL7 build is currently blocked due to an old version of
>> docker in CentOS 7 (inhereted from RHEL)
>>
>> Whatever the next steps are to join please let me know, looking
>> forward to the future of CentOS Atomic! Exciting stuff :)
>
> So the SIG page is here: http://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/Atomic
>
> To be "official" as a committer/steering committee member you need to be
> approved by the others. We didn't actually define that process, though.
> I'd like to suggest we just use lazy consensus and if you're doing work
> on the project then we should add you as a committer as soon as we have
> the repos defined.
>
> (Objections?)

I am actually not in this SIG, but I am monitoring it and interested in
it ... FWIW, I think that is an excellent method (lazy consensus from
the steering committee) to add new people.

As a CentOS Board member, I can say that it is our objective to give the
SIGs great latitude in creating their commit/access polices .. although
we are still working through the ACL and Auth mechanisms to make that
possible.  I do expect something soon for that.