[CentOS-devel] interest in a grsec / hardened kernel

Ned Slider ned at unixmail.co.uk
Sun Aug 17 09:45:49 UTC 2014

On 12/08/14 13:08, Nux! wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The closest we got to grsec in EL6 is kmod-tpe from ElRepo, perhaps that could be done for EL7, too.
>
> Tbh I'd love a grsec hardened centos kernel in centosplus. :-)
>
> Willing to test.
>

> --
>
> Nux!
> www.nux.ro

I've spent some time looking at getting TPE to build under RHEL7, but
due to the API changes it's not something I can easily fix.
Unfortunately it looks like TPE is no longer being actively maintained.
It's a real shame IMHO as I consider kmod-tpe to be a great addition to
the sysadmin's toolbox for system hardening.