[CentOS-devel] Importing CentOS-6 Sources into git.centos.org

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Aug 20 21:24:50 UTC 2014

On 08/19/2014 04:54 PM, Pat Riehecky wrote:
>> We will also be upgrading to a new version of gitblit for git.centos.org
>> before we actually roll in the CentOS-6 sources, though I will begin the
>> list generation before we actually start the gitblit upgrade process.
>
> Will there be an rsync target available for the git repos and look-aside
> sources?
>
> https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=7185

I'd like to be able to offer rsync from there as well, but there are a
few challenges that need resolved first. For the binary content cache,
we can likely run the rsync instance from the backup machine so there is
no network load on the production box. For the git repos its a bit
harder since there are private or working-in-progress repos in there as
well, and we need to find a way to mask those out.

Certainly worth trying to get to.

--
Karanbir Singh