[CentOS-devel] SCL

Pat Riehecky riehecky at fnal.gov
Mon Aug 25 15:40:09 UTC 2014

On 08/25/2014 10:03 AM, Les Mikesell wrote:
>>> http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/6x/external_products/softwarecollections/
>>>
>>> Since I am personally uncomfortable putting the CentOS name on SCLs that
>>> I can not verify are the same as upstream because the repo is not self
>>> hosting (ie, they are not saying what they are building against and not
>>> providing or publicly auditing these 'Build Require' packages for
>>> security, etc), I am not planning on officially releasing these
>>> anymore.  We can, as a SIG, decide to produce and maintain secure all
>>> the 'Build Require' packages but that is going to require people willing
>>> to figure out AND maintain those packages that are needed. In the
>>> meantime, I recommend you use the packages produced by Scientific Linux
>>> if you want to use SCLs that are known as RHEL 1.1 for EL6.
>>>
> Does anyone know if these will be updated for RHEL/CentOS/SL 7?
> http://linux.web.cern.ch/linux/devtoolset/#dts21

The official SL6 link is at:

http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/6x/external_products/

And for SL7:
http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/7x/external_products/

Upstream has not published any EL7 packages for devtoolset.  So, right
now there really isn't anything to build.  Without promising anything,
SL is interested in this technology.

I've built up the EL7 SCL from
ftp://ftp.redhat.com/redhat/linux/enterprise/7Server/en/RHSCL/SRPMS/ but
it is not clear that these are officially released by upstream, so
they've not been published for SL7.

Pat

--
Pat Riehecky