[CentOS-devel] interest in a grsec / hardened kernel

Jeff Sheltren

jeff at tag1consulting.com
Tue Aug 12 13:11:57 UTC 2014

On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 3:30 AM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org>
wrote:

> hi
>
> Is there any interest ( ie. would people be willing to help ) get a
> grsec and/or otherwise hardened kernel for CentOS-6/7 ? I dont think its
> worth putting in the effort into CentOS-5 at this point.

I'm interested in this.  We've been building one for EL6.  Because of the
way grsec uses newer gcc macros, it involves building with a newer GCC than
ships with EL6 -- we did this by using the CERN devtoolset.  Our specs and
build process are here https://github.com/el-grsecurity/specfiles  -- I
haven't built and signed the latest kernel there for public consumption,
but the spec is available at least.

-Jeff