[CentOS-devel] Distribution Artwork and logos.

Jim Perrin

jperrin at centos.org
Tue Aug 12 14:28:03 UTC 2014

On 08/12/2014 09:21 AM, Pat Riehecky wrote:

> I'd consider requiring SVG for the artwork, you can always convert SVG
> into whatever format your tools require (.xpm for grub, for example).
> SVG is also sorta 'text' which may make revision tracking easier....

Agreed. The idea here is that any artwork contributed should contain
any/all source material that may be required to regenerate or scale the
image in an open format with gimp/inkscape etc.

I'd also like the commonly required rendered images as well so that we
can point folks to that image as the authoritative source for things.
Hopefully this will also allow us to finally murder the older pink-ish
3d font logo that folks seem intent on using...

--
Jim Perrin