[CentOS-devel] Distribution Artwork and logos.

Alain Reguera Delgado

alain.reguera at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 16:37:44 UTC 2014

On 8/12/14, Jim Perrin <jperrin at centos.org> wrote:
> I'd also like the commonly required rendered images as well so that we
> can point folks to that image as the authoritative source for things.
> Hopefully this will also allow us to finally murder the older pink-ish
> 3d font logo that folks seem intent on using...

That would be very good for CentOS brand reproduction sake.

In the layout I proposed in a mail earlier there would be a
Models/Branding directory inside the repository where all brands would
be stored in SVG format. Automation scripts are conceived to take this
information at runtime and marking images with them. There is no need
to create the CentOS brand on each single image we need to produce.
Instead, we use configuration files to intrude automation scripts what
brand to take and where to apply it.

This way, it is possible to introduce changes to CentOS brand and
propagate them quickly to all affected images, by running a single
command.

Regards,
al.