[CentOS-devel] NumaChip kernel config option

Johnny Hughes

johnny at centos.org
Tue Aug 12 19:40:55 UTC 2014

On 08/12/2014 04:19 AM, Daniel J Blueman wrote:
> Since CentOS is heavily used on Numascale systems, it would be a great
> enabler to have CONFIG_NUMACHIP enabled in CentOS kernels.
>
> It has been enabled for some time in Ubuntu server kernels.
>
> What else is needed to request this?
>
> Many thanks,
>    Daniel

This can not happen on the main CentOS distro kernels unless that option
is on in RHEL as we rebuild our kernel to have the same options as that
kernel.

However, we have a CentOS Plus kernel where optional things are turned on.

That option (CONFIG_NUMACHIP) is not in the CentOS-6 kernel ... But ...
CONFIG_NUMA is on in the CentOS-6 plus kernel.

In the CentOS-7 kernel-plus config, CONFIG_X86_NUMACHIP is off and
CONFIG_NUMACHIP does not exist.  So, I would say that this is not
possible without patches.  If you, or someone else, is doing this on
CentOS and is making special kernels, this is the place for a discussion
and possible kernel for this option.