[CentOS-devel] Xen4Centos7

George Dunlap

dunlapg at umich.edu
Wed Aug 13 14:02:07 UTC 2014

On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 8:56 AM, Jim Perrin <jperrin at centos.org> wrote:

> On 08/08/2014 11:16 AM, Nuno Fernandes wrote:
>
>> Is there any timeline or sig planned to xen4centos7?
>> I was using xen4centos6 as a base to our distro (http://nuxis.com) and i would
>> like to start working on rebasing it to centos7, but i would need xen as dom0.
>
> I don't believe we've formally started work on this yet, though the xen
> project folks who have been working on it with us may have something
> going already.

A lot of the sig work in general has been waiting on the availability
of the community build system.  That work is progressing apace, and
I've just been given access to the development version of it.

However, now I'm heads-down writing a talk for LinuxCon and the Xen
Summit in Chicago next week (along with other miscellaneous things),
and the following week I'll be on holiday; so I won't be able to start
working on the update until September in earnest.

I've posted a draft of a Xen 4.4.1 rebase, though, so if one of the
core CentOS team had time / energy, they might be able to start
working on something sooner.

 -George