[CentOS-devel] cloud-utils and growrootfs in Atomic

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Aug 27 08:12:57 UTC 2014

On 08/21/2014 02:53 PM, Juerg Haefliger wrote:
>> has anyone looked at the cloud-utils stack for Atomic ? at the moment
>> were stuck with a 8gb disk image, I've got a patch that lets me change
>> that on the build time side of things. But before i upstream it, I was
>> going to try cloud-utils and that fails quite badly in a dynamic backing
>> store setup like AWS.
>
> I'm ignorant when it comes to Atomic. Do you have an image that you can
> share?
> What exactly are the problems?

there is a test image ( alpha1 grade.. ) at
http://cloud.centos.org/centos/7/devel/CentOS-7-Atomic-DockerHost-20140826_02.qcow2.xz

it bootstraps instance auth/metadata via cloud-init, so you will need to
configdrive

sha256:
0fad83f41c511cfe939459a83985a6c12367e76790031258635b9394136988dc
CentOS-7-Atomic-DockerHost-20140826_02.qcow2.xz

The issue is that Atomic boots with syslinux, and has partitioned up the
block device. I'll need to look into whats involved in spitting that
back to just using the blockdevice as one filesystem.

regards,

--
Karanbir Singh