[CentOS-devel] Community test infrastructure

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Dec 10 12:53:07 UTC 2014

On 05/12/14 14:12, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> For the actual test runs, we wont really have persistence in test
> environments. We will be automating the provisioning and deployment, so
> that the machines can be reinstalled after the test run is done and
> reused for other purposes. And we encourage folks to test on baremetal
> since that means tests should complete faster, and unless it really is a
> virtualisation technology being tested, you are more likely to be closer
> in terms of user-facing-test-cases.

one of the key considerations is artifact collection and export : when a
ci run completes, some projects will have rpms or binaries etc ( the
artifacts ), that they might want to retain or have available publicly.
Our present setup model ( ref: http://wiki.centos.org/QaWiki/PubHardware
) does not cater for this.

Anyone have thoughts / comments around what this process might look like ?

--
Karanbir Singh