[CentOS-devel] Centos 7.i686

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Fri Dec 26 11:24:23 UTC 2014

On 25/12/14 16:54, Bob Lightfoot wrote:
> Dear Devs:
>     I have been reading this mailing list since C7 came out and of
> late have not seen much progress on C7.i686 aka 32 bit.  I don't see a
> SIG for it on the Centos Pages.  I am wondering has the idea been
> dropped or where does it stand?

the larger goal is to let this effort be user-led, so starting up a SIG
might be a good way to go here. I know that the original bootstrap had
most of the builds done - and Andreas ( assited by others ) had gotten
most of the bits done. There would be a need to run the updates, and
then also identify what portion of the distro is not going to make it to
i686 at all. The rest from there should be easy...

As I did with the powerpc effort, happy to host a i686 specific google
hangout where I can walk people through the build process, and what they
need to do in order to affect builds in the centos buildsystem.

- KB

--
Karanbir Singh