[CentOS-devel] Port CloudSigma to CentOS's CloudInit

Viktor Petersson

petersson at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 12:21:58 UTC 2014

Hey guys,

I had a conversation with Jim Perrin and Karanbir Singh about this and it
should be relatively trivial. However, Jim suggested that we moved the
discussion here.

Here is the status today:

 * The CloudSigma provider for CloudInit is complete and is maintained by
Canonical[1] and is included in (12.04 and forward)
 * Jim wrote a patch (attached). It isn't complete, but it is a start.
 * There is also a port to CoreOS (re-written in Go) [2]
 * Since I didn't write the code, I don't know of the exact workflow, but I
think these are the relevant files:
 **  cloudinit/cs_utils.py
 **  cloudinit/sources/DataSourceCloudSigma.py
 **  tests/unittests/test_datasource/test_cloudsigma.py

I'm involved with CloudSigma, and I'd be happy to sponsor anyone willing to
take on the task of porting this with resources at CloudSigma for testing.
Unfortunately, I don't have any internal resources to allocate towards this
at this point, but I know that we have plenty of customers running CentOS that
would love to see this happen.

I'd also be happy with answering any questions and help with the QA of this.

Thanks!

[1]
https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~cloud-init-dev/cloud-init/trunk/view/head:/cloudinit/sources/DataSourceCloudSigma.py
[2] https://github.com/coreos/coreos-cloudinit/issues/184