[CentOS-devel] Port CloudSigma to CentOS's CloudInit

Viktor Petersson

petersson at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 12:41:25 UTC 2014

> [snip]

The only part of this that seems unusual to me is the reliance on an
> external application (dmidecode) which we currently don't ship in the
> the cloud images. I freely admit to not being overly 'cloudy' so I'll
> happily defer judgment to others in the community.

This is used by Ubuntu as well. The reason for this is because there are
many cloud vendors/systems that are using serial devices for meta data
(CloudSigma included). `dmidecode` is used for probing such that CloudInit
can pick the appropriate DataSource.