[CentOS-devel] Centos 7 and powerpc

Bryson Lee Bryson.Lee at sslmda.com
Sun Feb 2 21:47:24 UTC 2014

Hi,

Would it be possible to get some insight into the prospects for PowerPC support in Centos 7?  We deliver an application on IBM Power7 servers that's currently built atop a fairly heavily customized Fedora 12 distro.  We anticipate having to move our platform forward at some point, if for no other reason than keeping up with whatever IBM does in terms of hardware evolution.

We also have a vested interest in the ppc64 / ppc32 question, since our app is somewhat bound into the 32-bit arch and the 64-bit kernel / 32-bit userland structure we inherit from F12.

We have a small number of PS710's in-house, and will probably get at least one of whatever winds up  being the equivalent Power8 machine as soon as it becomes available.  I'm not in a position to be able to expose a build node to the outside world, but I can certainly build /install / test internally and do some troubleshooting.

Any info that can be shared at this point? Any way I can help?

Thanks,

-Bryson  Lee
Please note that my e-mail address has changed. My new (current) address is Bryson.Lee at sslmda.com.
This message (including any attachments) may contain confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and any attachments.