[CentOS-devel] Is it possible to merge elrepo.org contribute to centos main repository?

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Tue Feb 25 16:13:51 UTC 2014

On 02/25/2014 04:10 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:
> On the other hand it would save a step for many users and lower the
> learning curve for anyone new to include the release-rpm for the
> elrepo and EPEL repositories in the distribution - even if they were
> disabled by default.

As Jim already mentioned - the point of consideration for such efforts
would be on the repository people in that effort - we would welcome
pretty much any reasonable suggestion from their end. For ELRepo and
what they do - I dont see any reason why they could not atleast use the
infra and distribution mechanism that we have here and work out of the
same codebase contents.

Pretty much the same as any other repo might.

- KB

--
Karanbir Singh