[CentOS-devel] Is it possible to merge elrepo.org contribute to centos main repository?

Thomas alphacc at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 08:32:21 UTC 2014

> at a sig level that works, but i believe the question here is about
> shipping yum configs for repos that are otherwise run off centos.org (
> ie. third party content, and mostly packaging fourth party code )

I think what people are looking for is way to have a ppa like experience
and if you want more Centos instance in the cloud it is the way to go.
I would ship a tool to enable repo on the fly and provide users with the
needed infrastructure (copr [1] is developed with this in mind and already
have some e7 goodies [2] )

The enterprise guys will anyway manage their own repositories (shipping
internal tools, java, etc...) and don't have this kind of repository
management issue.
For example all our repo are enable through Puppet not rpms.

[1] https://copr.fedoraproject.org/
[2] https://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/fulltext/?fulltext=el7

my 2 cents,
--