[CentOS-devel] CentOS 7 Artwork

Alain Reguera Delgado alain.reguera at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 22:31:23 UTC 2014

On 2/28/14, Christoph Galuschka <tigalch at tigalch.org> wrote:
> I like the orange one the most, very nice.

Christoph, thank you very much for your quick response.

> Allthough I think Evolution
> wanted to do a different header image on seven.c.o.

Yes. It is necessary to coordinate one unique visual style for
websites and distribution, based on some pattern (e.g., distribution's
major releases). This, in order to consolidate The CentOS Project
visual identity on all its visual manifestations.

Such situation requires CentOS Developers intervention in order to
decide which artwork The CentOS Project will implement among a number
of different sketches. For example, it would be very helpful for
graphic designers to know how much time they have to create sketches
and how much time they have to implement one of the sketches already
created. Without this time-information it is difficult for graphic
designers and developers to coordinate and consolidate the visual
style of The CentOS Project.

To make the decision process easier and visible to the community, I've
created the http://wiki.centos.org/Artwork/Themes/Motifs/CentOS7 page
for CentOS7 release. This page collects enumerated Sketch sub-pages
(e.g., Sketch1, Sketch2) for each artwork proposition the community
members make. CentOS Developers,  can go there to select sketches,
also make marks in time for graphic designers to schedule their work
based on CentOS rebuild schedule.

Best Regards,
al.