[CentOS-devel] interest in Cloud Instance SIG (from the Synnefo and Ganeti side)

Jim Perrin

jperrin at centos.org
Wed Feb 19 17:28:00 UTC 2014

On 02/18/2014 04:48 AM, Constantinos Venetsanopoulos wrote:

<snip>
There doesn't seem to be anything here that couldn't be addressed with a
decent post script in a kickstart

> After the above steps, the image is ready to get spawned on
> any Synnefo deployment and will get customized automatically.
>
> So, do you think it is possible for you guys to have such an
> 'official' CentOS image targeted for Synnefo?

I think we can probably do this, though this is more image
customization, rather than code modification. It wouldn't require code
changes or custom package inclusion like some of the other cloud sig
initiatives.

--
Jim Perrin