[CentOS-devel] Is it possible to merge elrepo.org contribute to centos main repository?

Ljubomir Ljubojevic

centos at plnet.rs
Thu Feb 27 00:02:04 UTC 2014

On 02/27/2014 12:05 AM, Alexander Arlt wrote:
>>> So, you turned the cow into a bird. And you did this just because you
>> >
>> >Much of the point of free software is the fact that once something has
>> >been done once, any number of copies of it 'just work' for no extra
>> >cost.   So, the missing piece here is just a reasonable way for
>> >someone else to duplicate the setup.
> Again, there is the assumption that there is a reasonable way for
> duplicating this setup. RHEL and CentOS have a very clear focus on what
> they want to achieve.

Actually, I created everything for 6.x when 6.0 came out. And all I do
now is to add new versions of packages from some repositories and manual
downloads, or to add some new repository is I come across it. Only thing
I never bothers to do is to release release rpm's with all of that
packaged, mostly because I disabled GPG signatures so I do not want to
raise suspicions that I messed with packages.

But just now I was reading on "cost" option for yum repositories
(totally unusable) and I saw that I can assign several GPG keys to
single repository, so I might pick up on my "DentOS" project :)

--
Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)