[CentOS-devel] CentOS 7 Artwork

Jim Perrin

jperrin at centos.org
Fri Feb 28 22:14:52 UTC 2014

On 02/28/2014 02:37 PM, Christoph Galuschka wrote:
> Am 28.02.2014 21:25, schrieb Alain Reguera Delgado:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I saw the header artwork at seven.centos.org for first time yesterday
>> afternoon (after a long time off-line) and couldn't resist the
>> motivation of imagining a similar artwork for CentOS 7. Then I read
>> "As a community, for the community" article by Karanbir. Then, with
>> that information in mind, walked one mile from work to home thinking
>> on possible design combinations. When I was at home, I washed my face
>> and started to design using Inkscape and Gimp on a CentOS 6
>> workstation. As result, the following images arrived:
>>
>> http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Themes/Motifs/CentOS7/Sketch1?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=2560x1600.jpg
>>
>> http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Themes/Motifs/CentOS7/Sketch1?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=2560x1600-night.jpg
>>
>> http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Themes/Motifs/CentOS7/Sketch1?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=2560x1600-green.jpg
>>
>> http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Themes/Motifs/CentOS7/Sketch1?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=2560x1600-orange.jpg
>>
>> http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Themes/Motifs/CentOS7/Sketch1?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=2560x1600-orange-night.jpg
>>
>> http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Themes/Motifs/CentOS7/Sketch1?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=2560x1600-purple.jpg
>>
>> http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Themes/Motifs/CentOS7/Sketch1?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=2560x1600-red.jpg
>>
>> These are initial ideas (sketches) and may change in the future. I
>> appreciate any comment or suggestion you may have.
>>
>> Best Regards.
>> al.
>>
> Alain,
>
> I like the orange one the most, very nice. Allthough I think Evolution
> wanted to do a different header image on seven.c.o.

So you're selling me out like that are you? GEEZ.... :-P

Yes, I had planned on taking either the background currently on the main
website, and cutting it up to update the banner on seven.centos.org, or
using what Marcus and Tigert had done already for the seven backgrounds.
Currently I'm using the design Marcus posted in
http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2014-January/009511.html

What's on seven.centos.org right now is pretty much a standard wp theme
called blue peace. I chose it because it was similar in nature to some
of the curved blue design from the c5 days and looked to be easily
adaptable, although as Christoph points out, I hadn't changed it yet.

All that aside, these are really good works, please keep it up! Any
chance you could use that same inspiration on
https://polybox.ethz.ch/public.php?service=files&t=b7bc0652a190725e39fe95587ec4af93
or similar?

--
Jim Perrin