[CentOS-devel] interest in Cloud Instance SIG (from the Synnefo and Ganeti side)

Thu Feb 20 12:18:03 UTC 2014
Constantinos Venetsanopoulos <cven at grnet.gr>

Hello Jim,

On 02/19/2014 07:28 PM, Jim Perrin wrote:

> On 02/18/2014 04:48 AM, Constantinos Venetsanopoulos wrote:
>
> <snip>
> There doesn't seem to be anything here that couldn't be addressed with a
> decent post script in a kickstart
>> After the above steps, the image is ready to get spawned on
>> any Synnefo deployment and will get customized automatically.
>>
>> So, do you think it is possible for you guys to have such an
>> 'official' CentOS image targeted for Synnefo?
> I think we can probably do this, though this is more image
> customization, rather than code modification. It wouldn't require code
> changes or custom package inclusion like some of the other cloud sig
> initiatives.

That sounds good. Yes, code modification is not needed for
images to run on Synnefo, that's why I thought it will be probably
rather easy for anyone of you guys who has experience with
kickstart and rpm-based distros to help. We can have an official
CentOS image for Synnefo with not so much of an effort.

Unfortunately, my team comes from a Debian background and
we have zero experience with kickstart :(
However, we are willing to help however we can.

So, what do you think are the next steps?

Thanks,
Constantinos