[CentOS-devel] EPEL and CentOS [was Re: Is it possible to merge elrepo.org...]

Thu Feb 27 00:28:51 UTC 2014

On 02/26/2014 08:15 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 05:53:43AM -0600, Johnny Hughes wrote:
>> Both EPEL and ELRepo have said they do not want to be a CentOS SIG and
>> want to be "independent". We have offered and they have refused .. Okay
>
> Can you point me to this discussion? I didn't see anything at all on the
> EPEL devel mailing list, but maybe I missed it.
>
> I don't think that EPEL wants to move out of Fedora (there are a lot of
> advantages to sharing dist-git and koji, at least), but I at least would be
> interested in seeing more collaboration where it makes sense. I don't know
> if a SIG is exactly the right framework for that, but it's possible that it
> is.
>
> In any case, to my knowledge, this is simply a conversation that hasn't
> happened yet.

in the coming days/weeks it gets easier to have that conversation as we
get repo policies and actually work through content. What we might need
to do is establish a baseline that everyone can look at and given the
amount of traction EPEL has, see how and what we need to do in order to
align things up.

but yea, a conversation that really needs to take place at some point in
the future.

--
Karanbir Singh