[CentOS-devel] [REQUEST] Create the CentOS Hosting SIG

Jim Perrin jperrin at centos.org
Fri Jan 10 18:24:24 UTC 2014

On 01/10/2014 09:57 AM, Rich Bowen wrote:

> On 01/10/2014 10:06 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>> One of the proposed Future SIGs (http://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup)
>> is the Hosting (or "Web Hosters") SIG. Since Web Hosters are one of
>> the key and core users of CentOS, this seems like a SIG that
>> should be started sooner, rather than later:)
>>
>> I'd like to propose that such a SIG be started
> Also without my red Red Hat hat on, I'm interested in this. As someone
> who spends entirely too much time on the #httpd IRC channel, I'd love to
> see more CentOS and less Debian in that space, as the default CentOS
> Apache httpd configs are a lot saner. ;-)
>
> --Rich

Replying here to bring things back mostly on-topic :-)

I've had several hosting providers express an interest in this area as
well, however most aren't on the -devel list. I'm going to invite them
to the mailing list so that they can participate as well. I propose we
allow ourselves a week or so to gather the interested parties so that we
can start laying the groundwork here.

Does this work for everyone?

--
Jim Perrin