[CentOS-devel] [REQUEST] Create the CentOS Hosting SIG

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sat Jan 11 05:06:40 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 5:42 PM, Manuel Wolfshant
<wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro> wrote:

>  people look at the versions, they see that there
> is no straight forward support for Shiny.New.2015 and look somewhere
> else. Very very few analyze if a) they really need that new version b)
> if that version can be used in RHEL/CentOS. Leaving aside that there is
> also a logic in "I do not need the shiny version now but I might need
> tomorrow.

And there are often good bug/security fix reasons to think you need
versions beyond the packages in RHEL/Centos.  Those fixes might in
fact have been backported but it is a lot harder to find out than just
looking at the revision numbers.

--
   Les Mikesell
      lesmikesell at gmail.com