[CentOS-devel] Repository structures for SIG and variants in the future

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Mon Jan 13 20:10:30 UTC 2014

Hi,

On 01/13/2014 08:32 PM, Sam Kottler wrote:
> On 01/13/2014 08:24 PM, Jim Perrin wrote:
>>> What about a tier 1 relying upon a tier 2? It seems like there could be
>>> some ABI issues in allowing that unless I'm missing some detail.
>>
>> This would not be permitted. A tier 2 could rely on a tier 1, but a tier
>> 1 would not be allowed to rely on a tier 2. Apologies if I wasn't clear
>> about that. I probably could have worded it better.
>
> I see, so packages can only rely on packages that fall below their tier.

Makes sense - if I enable EPEL, I don't want to have packages there
which require me to enable a different repo. But if I enable the RPO
repo-, I'm totally OK with it enabling EPEL as a dependency.

Cheers,
Dave.
--
Dave Neary - Community Action and Impact
Ph: +33 9 50 71 55 62 / Cell: +33 6 77 01 92 13