[CentOS-devel] Presto drpms in vault.centos.org

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Tue Jan 14 15:34:12 UTC 2014

All,

We currently provide "presto - drpm" data in our current CentOS-6 tree
and we all like that its there for speed of updates ... however, it is a
couple hundred GB of space now in vault.centos.org for previous point
releases.

I would like to remove the drpms and rebuild metadata for the older
centos repos to reclaim that space as we have 800GB of data there and if
we don't cut back on size or get new machines for vault.centos.org to
distribute, we are going to run out of space soon.

I believe we can save between 100 and 150 GB by doing this now.  It
would also cut the size of repos moved to vault by 40-50 GB every point
release. That means we can keep the current vault infrastructure for the
foreseeable future with minimal impact on the mainline trees.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes