[CentOS-devel] Cloud Instance SIG and Vendor ecosystems

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Jan 22 22:07:53 UTC 2014

hi,

I'd like to ask everyone for comments on and around working with vendor
Ecosystems. We already have relationships in place ( some as old as 4 -
5 years ) where we have worked with vendors to get CentOS images into
their service plans; but going forward we should consider what the
overall goal here is going to be.

Some vendors are easier than others to work with, but is this something
we should persue as a part of the CentOS Instance SIG ? I am quite keen
to build on the existing relationships with people like AWS, GCE,
HPCloud, BrightBox etc and even expand the scope of the vendor
involvement in the SIG, but where is everyone else's thought process on
this ?

- KB

--
Karanbir Singh