[CentOS-devel] Cloud-init for CentOS?

Nux! nux at li.nux.ro
Tue Jan 28 18:07:15 UTC 2014

On 27.01.2014 15:13, Juerg Haefliger wrote:

> The CentOS 6 kernel can't do online partition resizing so you need to
> install the cloud-initramfs-growroot and cloud-utils-growroot packages
> do the partition resizing in the initrd. I'm the package maintainer of
> those two in EPEL6, let me know if you run into any issues. After the
> partition is resized, cloud-init will grow the filesystem to the max
> possible size. Newer kernels don't require the initrd-hack and
> cloud-init
> can to both partition and filesystem resizing post-initrd.
>
> ...Juerg

Hello Juerg,

I have tested the resize feature and it does not work. The dracut
module does it job and resizes the partition, but the filesystem is not
expanded.
`resize2fs /dev/vda1` worked a treat, I could add it in
/var/lib/cloud/scripts/per-once/, but sounds a bit redundant since
cloud-init should do this.
I do have resizefs in cloud_init_modules.

Nux!
www.nux.ro