[CentOS-devel] CentOS Interoperability SIG

Karanbir Singh kbsingh at centos.org
Wed Jan 29 11:25:28 UTC 2014

On 01/28/2014 09:46 PM, Clint Savage wrote:
> With these goals in mind, we'd like to formally request an
> Interoperability Special Interest Group within the CentOS community.
> Please let us know how to further proceed.

Couple of comments here, consider the in abstract:

1) everything you mentioned here, we already do and will only increase
scope of

2) with the actual instance metadata in the public ( and on github! ) -
there is very little cross-checking needed, since the result of the
scripts is what gets published anyway ( and git log will history for
anyone who cares ).

3) given the intention and direction for some of the points, duplicating
effort also means diluting the single tooling effort - then at that
point why would you not want to just contribute ( as people, not as
projects ) into the common pool anyway ? ( ie. whats the justification
for Goose to exist ? )

finally, not sure what makes this into a SIG, the content being
addressed would be all in the public on git repos, so anyone can come
along and 'help get better'.

- KB

--
Karanbir Singh, Project Lead, The CentOS Project
+44-207-0999389 | http://www.centos.org/ | twitter.com/CentOS