[CentOS-devel] CentOS Cloud SIG?

Karsten Wade

kwade at redhat.com
Wed Jan 8 22:31:12 UTC 2014

Main thing I'm curious about are the common points with other cloud projects.

Reason being, we're looking for SIGs around a broad focus rather than project-specific. So, I know RDO/OpenStack & oVirt are interested, is it possible Eucalyptus has similar need for different kernel or other bits? Or could fit in with that group?

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade | Red Hat OSAS | community.redhat.com | gpg AD0E0C41

Greg DeKoenigsberg <greg.dekoenigsberg at gmail.com> wrote:

I remember once upon a time sending the first email to the Fedora Cloud
SIG.

Funny now to find myself sending an email asking about the CentOS Cloud
SIG. :)

Would love to find out what's required to get Eucalyptus packages into
CentOS, and to build a Eucalyptus spin of CentOS.  CentOS is already our
platform of choice, all of our dependencies are either in CentOS or EPEL,
and we've got an installer that sits as an updates.img on top of CentOS.
 Want to make sure we know the proper way of integrating into the new
community.

--g