[CentOS-devel] Policy Proposal for bugs.centos.org

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Jan 9 23:42:32 UTC 2014

On 01/09/2014 11:10 PM, Anssi Johansson wrote:
> Now that bugs.c.o is somewhat less visible than what it was with the old
> website, I'm hoping that the majority of "I have a problem, help!"
> questions will end up to the forum, where they might be easier to
> triage. In addition, the forum (and IRC) allow easier community
> participation in resolving problems. bugs.c.o is mainly handled by the
> devs and QA people.

how do you propose we make the bugs.c.o more visible. The wiki
/GettingHelp page might be something to clean up, almost certainly
shorten and promoted ?

> If something ends up being a real bug, it should be easy to tell users
> on the forum/IRC to file a bug at either bugs.c.o or bz.r.c, as appropriate.

generally, all bugs found on CentOS builds should goto bugs.c.o -
depending on how much time someone @redhat wants to spend with us there,
the option to migrate an issue to bz.r.c should only happen after
someone who understands the difference, has had a look to verify.

ofcourse, if something is clearly an upstream issue, then by all means
send people there - but value of CentOS-> RH bz goes up everytime there
is a real issue reported.

> If someone has a problem like "My server is not booting, help!", it's
> going to take a while to determine if the problem is really a bug or
> not. I'd like to have those discussions either on the forum or on IRC,
> so bugs.c.o would only get real bugs that actually need fixing.

absolutely.

--
Karanbir Singh