[CentOS-devel] A format request to create a Eucalyptus Special Interest Group

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Fri Jan 10 22:56:49 UTC 2014

On 01/10/2014 02:36 PM, Rich Bowen wrote:
> I'd love to see a "choose your own cloud adventure" LiveCD variant,
> where one could easily compare, OpenStack, Eucalyptus, CloudStack,
> OpenNebula, etc., either side-by-side, or as options during the startup.

That would be quite cool. Technically, if we can get nested virt going,
the livecd need only be a bare min CentOS6 install, with VM's that run
complete cloud instances inside it.

That would also sort out the massive pain of network setup, since we
could make some levels of predictions on what the state is on the host.

In a few days time, we should have the live media churn process going,
this might be an interesting PoC to start with.
--
Karanbir Singh