[CentOS-devel] Cloud SIG interest from CloudStack

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Sat Jan 11 00:20:23 UTC 2014

On 01/09/2014 09:09 AM, Sebastien Goasguen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> First, congrats to the centos community on the recent development.
> Reading the call for SIG, there is definitely interest from CloudStack to participate and create a ClouStack centOS variant for both instances and head/hypervisor nodes.
> Our default image template is already a centos template and our best quick start guide is based on CentOS.
> We also have a community run yum repo for all our packages.

Sounds good, I just noticed that the CI server for CloudStack is also
doing the test runs on CentOS already!

Do you have a view on the idea of a single Cloud SIG, with participation
from various projects being able to build various Variants ?

And finally, getting a mile ahead of myself already, do you have the
possibility of running CloudStack from livemedia ?

> I see interest to create a Cloud Image for CloudStack clouds as well as creating variants for our management server and our hypervisor setup.
>
> I will be at the Dojo on January 31st and would be happy to discuss further.

We've got the Cloud Images hacksession for CloudStack already setup at
the dojo ( http://wiki.centos.org/Events/Dojo/Brussels2014 ); maybe we
can use time there to host a face2face Cloud Image SIG as well.

( btw, I am assuming there is momentum behind the idea of splitting the
Cloud Infra from Cloud Instance/Image efforts, it seems to make sense in
my head )

regards and welcome to the larger CentOS Ecosystem

--
Karanbir Singh